Unfortunately not! I imagine due to the tender age that I discovered makeup it was probably an awful sticky lip gloss.
2. Describe your perfect mascara. Have you found one that fits your specifications?
Lots of length and zero fall out; I'm looking at you Benefit 'They're Real!'
3. What kind of coverage do you prefer from foundation?
Full! Even though my skin is fairly well behaved, I've never really understood the appeal of light coverage foundations. Go full or go bare!
4. Favourite high end brand?
I don't think I have a favourite, I've enjoyed lots of products from various brands and there are several that I'm yet to try. I love Smashbox or Estee Lauder for foundation, Benefit for mascara, MAC for lips, etc.
5. What cosmetic brands have you always wanted to try but still haven't?
I'm yet to try any Laura Mercier products, and I'd also like to have a play with some of the By Terry cosmetics. In light of all the recent hype I'm keen to try some Tarte make up too!
6. Favourite drugstore brand?
Probably Rimmel, though super budget favourites include MUA and Natural Collection; both have some really fantastic products considering their price!
7. Do you wear false eyelashes?
Very very rarely. I'm always really aware that I'm wearing them and worried I'll end up with one hanging off my eyebrow so I tend to avoid them altogether.
8. Is there any kind of makeup you can't leave the house without?
No, if I'm popping to the local shops or somewhere that I'm not bothered about looking polished I'll just go without.
9. What is your most cherished beauty product?
I'm actually not sure that I have a most cherished product. Natural Collection's liquid eyeliner has a place in my heart purely because I've been using it since I was about thirteen, and I have a lot of love for the Chanel lip gloss that my mum bought me last year as it was my first piece of Chanel!
10. How often do you shop for makeup? Do you like to pick up an item here and there or get lots of goodies at once?
I shop for makeup all the time. I live behind a giant Boots megastore that is on the same complex as my local cornershop and gym. I am in there most days and have very little willpower.
11. Do you have a 'beauty budget' or do you spend freely?
I really ought to give myself a budget! Although I'm in Boots a lot I do try not to be too frivolous and wait until there are 3 for 2 deals on or something of that nature.
12. Do you utilize coupons, reward cards and sales when you shop for cosmetics?
^^^ yes. Drugstore deals are my best friend and I have reward cards for way too many stores.
13. What type of product do you buy the most of?
Probably nail varnish or lip products.
14. Is there a brand you absolutely can't stand?
There isn't one that comes to mind! Every brand has their hero product.
15. Do you avoid certain ingredients in cosmetics like parabens or sulfates?
I'm only just learning to read food labels, that habit is yet to transfer to my makeup shopping.
16. Do you have a favourite place to shop for makeup?
Although I spend a lot of time in Boots, I actually really enjoy Superdrug shopping too, purely because of how much cheaper a lot of the products are! I also love shopping for beauty products in department stores; working in a Sunglass Hut concession stand in Debenhams had me spending a lot of time getting out of hours makeovers on the counters opposite me!
17. Do you like trying new skincare products or do you keep to a certain routine?
I am terrible with my skincare, I need to get a proper regime in place so I am very open to new products; suggestions welcome! Coconut oil is my only staple.
18. Favourite bath and body brand?
I would have to say Lush. The company was founded in my hometown so loyalty comes first! I also love Soap & Glory and Sanctuary.
19. If you could only buy from one brand, which brand would you choose?
Naturally I'd like to say something ridiculously high end like Chanel, but considering my miniscule student budget I'd probably go with Rimmel.
20. Which brand do the best packaging?
I love either really chic and simple packaging like Nars or Chanel, or more fun and cute packaging like Benefit or Soap & Glory.
21. Which celebrity always has great makeup?
Rosie-Huntington Whiteley always has flawless makeup. Exhibit A...
22. Do you belong to any online makeup communities?
23. Five favourite beauty gurus?
Tanya Burr, Amelia Liana, Vivianna Does Makeup, Velvet Gh0st, Hello October
24. Do you like multi-functional beauty products like lip and cheek stains?
I don't think I've tried many! I'd be more inclined to put my faith in one use products.
25. Are you clumsy in putting on makeup?
Not really, the only time I get a little clumsy is if I'm being told to hurry up with liquid liner in my hand. That doesn't go down so well.
26. Do you use a makeup base/primer for the eyes?
I'm currently using an MUA eye primer which isn't great but somewhat better than no primer whatsoever. I'm on the hunt for a great eye primer though so if anyone has any opinions on the Urban Decay, Smashbox or in fact any others please let me know!
27. How many hair products do you use on a typical day?
Very few, I'm quite careless with my hair. I use a shampoo and conditioner (currently the Mane 'n' Tail original products) and an Argan oil when my hair is damp.
28. Do you ever consider taking makeup classes?
If the opportunity arose I'd love to!
29. What do you apply first, concealer or foundation?
30. What do you love about makeup?
For me, makeup is an extension of choosing what to wear or accessorising. The amount or the style I wear is affected by my mood or the occasion, and is another form of creative expression. Plus who doesn't love to paint their face like it's a canvas?
That's it for the beauty tag, I hope you've enjoyed reading this and take a look at the beauty and fashion pieces currently on my wishlist here if you haven't already!
- Follow me on -